- Acceptable Roll Off Waste Items: General Construction & Demolition Debris (C&D) and Vegetative Waste (e.g. untreated lumber, flooring, concrete, sheetrock, roofing material, furniture & furnishings, trees & plants).
- Prohibited Roll Off Waste Items: Treated Lumber, uncured cement, uncured paint, drums/barrels or containers, liquids or chemicals, tires, batteries, appliances, petroleum contaminated soils, asbestos containing material, treated wastes, radioactive, volatile, corrosive, highly flammable, explosive, biomedical, infectious, toxic biohazardous or hazardous material.
Get your Roll Off Dumpster quote today!
Tips To Make Things Run Smoothly
- Roll Off Delivery:
- Be present, or be available by phone to instruct driver where to place container. Remember to leave room for the door to swing open if needed. Make sure the area is accessible.
- Have two sheets of 4’x8’x½” inch plywood ready to place under each end of the dumpster if you are concerned about damage to paved/poured surfaces.
- Inform the driver of any septic tanks, sprinkler systems, water meters, “soft spots”, or any other area that should be avoided with truck and container.
- Roll Off Loading:
- Load container evenly from front to back. Make sure to close the door before you fully load the container, then throw the remaining debris over the top of the door.
- DO NOT put more than 10 cubic yards combined of any of the following: dirt, concrete, bricks, pavers, stone, or other items of similar weight density.
- DO NOT load material higher than the wall height, or leave material hanging off the sides.
- Roll Off Swap Out for Empty, or Final Pull:
- Make sure back door is closed, container is not overstacked, and no debris is hanging off the sides.
- Call dispatch and order a container swap out for another empty or a final pull.
- We provide next business day service, so make sure the container is not blocked on the pickup day. If blocked, we will give you the opportunity to correct while the driver is on site. If it cannot be corrected within 15 minutes, we will have to charge a $150 “could not pull” charge and reschedule the pickup.